For those of you not aware, or needing a reminder:
(A) I have a newborn grandson (born Jan 1st, 2022), and I need stay healthy to spend time with him regularly.
(B) My books are *on average* 90% full. I can no longer wait until after your first appt to get a couple more in the book. You *need* to book multiple appointments ahead! As of right now, Feb has three short appt slots left, and March is 75% full. Be prepared to book at least three when requesting anything that you can’t remove at home. At this writing, new gel sets cannot be accommodated until March.
(C) One of my fellow local techs recently had shoulder surgery so I am temporarily taking care of some of her clients, on top of my own… and the new client messages keep coming. Please book WAY ahead; the further out, the better? Have a wedding to attend? A bar/bat mitzvah? Family reunion? BOOK NOW!!
(D) We just finished the 2020 holiday season (which also makes things a bit more crazy around here).
(E) I do have two vacations planned for this year. Details & dates are being worked out, but one will be in the spring, and one will be end of summer.
All of that said, I’d like to remind my current clients, and make note for my potential ones who are reading this, of my policies. Here are 22 things to note for 2022!
(1) Oregon’s indoor mask mandate remains in effect. Please refrain from any negative comments/reactions, as I don’t have a choice in the matter. Please make sure you are wearing a proper mask (not a face shield, not a handkerchief, not a mesh mask, etc), over your mouth & nose, for your whole visit. If you don’t want to wear one, please don’t make an appointment. All staff are fully vaccinated & boosted.
(2) I accept cash and credit or debit card, only. I do not take Venmo, CashApp, PayPal, Zelle, etc. If you choose to bring cash, please bring *exact change*. I usually do not keep cash at the salon. If you use a credit/debit card, please make sure you have enough money on the card to cover your appointment. Leaving without paying for services is considered theft, and I will pursue all legal options.
(3) I am scent-sensitive and my studio has no outside ventilation. I ask that you pay close attention to your smells – perfume/cologne, smoke, body odor, your breath, etc. – and come in as unscented as possible. A clean smell is best! I use citrus scented items in the studio, as those scents don’t bother me.
(4) The BOOKING FEE is due immediately. Your chosen slot is not guaranteed until that fee is paid. (No fee required for Gift Certificates or if you’re a regular in good standing of a fellow Nail Tech).
(5) Schedulicity is set to send appointment confirmations roughly 15 minutes after you schedule, and reminders at 48hrs (email) & 24hrs (text) prior to your appointment. Please note that it is not my responsibility to remind you of your appointment. If you actually *need* the reminder, please set one in your phone or write it down. If you no show, or cancel with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged the full price of your scheduled appointment. Payment is due immediately, and failure to do so may result in cancellation of all future appointments, a required prepayment, &/or not allowing you to book in the future.
(6) Once you are an established client, you can make or cancel your own appointments, if you wish (Schedulicity does not currently allow “reschedule” for some reason). Ask me how to do this if you’re interested!
(7) Please text me when you arrive, & wait for me to come to the door. For the safety of all our service providers, our front door remains locked at all times. Please remain in your car, or (if they’re set out, when it’s nice outside) you are welcome to wait in one of the chairs next to our front door until I let you in to the salon.
(8) You must be on time! Most days, I’m extremely busy, and usually scheduled back-to-back all day, with small breaks to stretch, use the restroom, and eat. When you are early, you may be interfering with my lunch. When you are late, you potentially run into the next client’s appointment. Your best bet is 5 minutes early! If you are more than 5 minutes late, I may need to shorten your service (you will be charged for the full service scheduled). If you’re more than 10 minutes late, your appointment will be considered a “late cancel”, & charged accordingly.
(9) Please do not bring anyone with you, unless I’ve given you explicit permission. One parent with minor clients is of course ok.
(10) Please do not bring food or drinks into the salon. Sealed/lidded drinks are ok but please limit your use.
(11) Please leave all unnecessary personal items in your car. Unless absolutely necessary, your phone must be OFF LIMITS during your appointment. Please make sure to set your phone to “silent” or “vibrate” during your visit, so as to not disturb the salon.
(12) If you want any nail art, it must be scheduled ahead. Please PM pics of what design you’d like *at least* two full days prior to your scheduled appt. That gives me time to pull items I will need before you come in.
(13) If you’ve been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID or have COVID yourself, you must cancel any appointments occurring within the next 14 days. It is my responsibility to protect myself, my other clients, my co-workers, and my family (especially my daughter & my newborn grandson). You know that although we’re vaccinated & boosted, our chances of being hospitalized &/or dying are greatly reduced, but it does not eliminate our chances of being infected, & potentially infecting others.
(14) If you are sick in any way, please cancel your appointment!! My policy is to waive my cancellation fee if you sick-cancel before your appointment. However, it must be *no less than two hours prior to appt*, and the morning of (for those who are scheduled in the afternoon). Sick cancellations made less than two hours prior/the morning, or if you show up to your appointment sick, you will be sent home, and charged full price.
(15) My current pricing includes gratuity. If you wish to show your gratitude for a job well done, consider leaving a review, purchase nail care items & gift certificates from me, and refer your family & friends (ask about my referral program!). Please feel free to follow any of my business social media accounts, and DEFINITELY interact with them. I need the feedback.
(16) You are welcome to message me any time/day, but I will not answer you outside of my “communication hours”, which is 8am-6pm, Monday-Saturday. If you message outside of these, I will reply when my CHs resume.
(17) Please make sure you read the message at the bottom of all confirmation & reminder emails. I also update regularly on Facebook.
(18) Please do not unsubscribe (turn off) the Marketing Messages from my business. I am a one-woman show, so I won’t inundate your inbox. I do not use Marketing for anything other than communicating updates (hours, pricing, rules, etc), business/state policies, sending appointment reminders, etc.
(19) I no longer offer free repairs with one exception – all *new enhancement* clients get up to two repairs at no charge at their second appointment with me (no more than three weeks out). However, removal of anything I apply is at no charge. Repairs & removals take time, so you need to make sure you’re scheduled for that.
(20) Just as you have the choice to have your nails done wherever you’d like, I have the choice to take you on (and keep you) as a client. I have ways I do business, I come across blunt, I am a vocal LGBTQ+ supporter, and I am an atheist. I don’t ask you to share my views, but I do expect you to respect me, my business, my business practices, my limits, and my space. Those who don’t will be told to find a new tech.
(21) With the grandson comes slight changes to my availability. Updated schedule is: every other Tuesday noon-8p, and Wednesdays-Saturdays 8a-5p. Sundays continue to be NO-WORK days (that means I will not answer any message regarding anything work-related, even if it’s just “Hey I broke a nail.”).
(22) Finally, a reminder that I am only human. Sometimes things happen; with your nails, your life, my life, etc. I do my best to keep you informed when things happen; I ask the same of you.
To my current clients, thank you for your continued trust & confidence in me. Cheers to 2022!