First, let me again say thank you for your continued support of my small business. Second, while I usually update my pricing every 2 years in October, I have to do it a bit early this year. I just can’t absorb increasing costs of products anymore. That said, starting June 1st, I have a few business policy changes going into effect:
(1) Almost all services will be going up between $2 and $5. If you’re a current client and would like to know specifically about your service increase, please email, DM through my Instagram or Facebook accounts, or text me.
(2) I will be limiting my pedicures to no more than two per day. It is very hard on my body to do pedicures and getting worse as I get older. If you book your own appointments, please do not book any pedicure services without consulting me first. This will not affect clients already scheduled, but going forward, if you’d like to schedule a pedicure, or add one to any of your other services, just message me and I’ll take care of it.
(3) Downgrading or removing part of a scheduled service falls under the same cancellation timeframes as full services. At least 24 hours notice is still required. If improper (or no) notice is given, you will be charged a $10 late cancellation fee. This only applies to cancellation of partial services; full service cancellation or no shows will still incur a full charge of the missed service.
(4) My 10% discount of services will now only apply to students over age 11y, nail techs, and all Hillsboro School district staff.
(5) I now have a business TikTok! If you would like to follow me, you may do so at @artistryofthenail. I don’t post often, but when I do, it’s business related.
(6) I’m officially no longer offering French tip, nor horizontal ombre. I will, however, do ombres vertically.
(7) Please be at the studio 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. That gives us both time to wash hands, and you time to put your stuff away before we sit down. Too early and I may still be eating or stretching. Too late, and your appt may be shortened or canceled (and you still owe the full fee).
(8) I will no longer be allowing both Artist’s Choice add on (gel polish & gel services) and a pedicure at the same appointment. It’s too much on my body to have that long of an appointment. Please plan accordingly.
(9) All new clients are required to pay a Booking Fee. Booking Fees are now 1/2 the cost of your pre-booked service(s). This one-time fee goes toward the cost of your service, but is mine to keep if you cancel with less than 24hrs notice, or completely no-show on me.
(10) Proper masks are *still required* in my studio at all times.
(11) You are still required to wash you hands, and use a nail brush to scrub under your nails (unless you’re *only* getting a pedicure).
(12) Please cancel or reschedule your appointment if you are at all sick!